- November 18: Students at Lakeside Elementary School in West Point, UT had an ARISS contact with Drew Morgan who answered 10 questions. An audience of 200 attended the event. The school live-streamed the activity on its Facebook page and afterwards, posted a YouTube. One parent wrote: “Thank you for letting those of us who couldn’t attend be part of this--how amazing! It almost brought me to tears!” Reporters came from the Standard Examiner and the Davis School District offices. The audience watched a video all about Morgan, one about ARISS, and took part in a Q&A on the ISS. Lakeside sponsors Robotics Club for 3rd through 6th graders; they work with Spheros and learn robotics from Mr. Roboto, an “astronaut robot.” Students made models of the planets and large space vehicles, enjoyed a portable planetarium that was brought in, and designed space-related bulletin boards and poster boards. The school partnered with the Hill Aerospace Museum. A video was created showing an overview of ARISS-related activities and it garnered 4,872 viewers.
- November 21: Luca Parmitano spoke with students at two Italian schools, Istituto San Paolo delle Suore Angeliche in Milano and Istituto Comprensivo di Merone–Monsignor A. Pirovano in Merone. The latter school covers three levels of instruction: primary, elementary and middle school, which has several laboratories. Students asked 14 questions and each school live-streamed the events at their school. Afterwards, the schools posted a YouTube; Milano’s is at: https://youtu.be/60bCSohKn54 (participants are speaking Italian).
- October 8: ARISS recently received a report on an ARISS contact held at the Mission Control Center at Amur State University in Blagoveshchensk, Russia. Thirty people attended, and 11 children talked with two Russian cosmonauts, Oleg Skrypochka and Alexander Skvortsov.
ARISS Social Media
ARISS Twitter followers at the end of November 2019 totaled 11,634, a gain of 92 over the end of October 2019.
ARISS Upcoming Events
- December 5: After much planning and student STEM and ARISS activities, Council Rock High School South in Holland, PA has a schedule to speak with Drew Morgan.
- December 7: Luca Parmitano will speak with students at two Italian schools, the B. Pascal Institute-Public School in Rome and the Instituto Comprensivo Lipari S. Lucia in Lipari.