- October 22: Frank Bauer gave a presentation on ARISS at the virtual 2020 ISS Research & Development Conference for the session titled “20 Years of STEM Experiments on the ISS.” He emphasized ARISS’s positive impact on students of enabling them to engage with the ISS, the value of hands-on STEM learning experiences through ARISS, and gave just a few of the many examples of how ARISS has inspired students of all ages.
- October 20: Drew Deskur, member of the ARISS-US Education Committee, was selected by the Association of Science & Technology Centers (ASTC) to present a poster session talk at its (virtual) annual conference. ASTC hosted 35 poster presentations. Deskur is the director of the Kopernik Observatory & Science Center, which had an ARISS contact in September 2020. His talk title was “Ham Radio Operators Help Inspire the Next Generation of DIYers.” Several viewers reached out to him after his talk; one does outreach for the NASA Artemis program and one works at the Ontario Science Center.
- October 11: ARISS-Europe volunteer Ciaran Morgan gave a Zoom presentation on ARISS at the 2020 AMSAT-UK Colloquium. Topics covered ARISS in the UK and worldwide during the Covid era, operations of the new ARISS radio system, and developments on AREx, ARISS’s Gateway project. His talk garnered 505 Zoom viewers and 150 livestream YouTube viewers. A recording was posted later in the day and by evening, had 1,618 viewers.
- October 23: Due to limitations on volunteer crew support, ARISS school contacts will not be scheduled until after the Crew 1 arrives at the ISS and completes their two-week orientation. Meantime, the ARISS radio is set up in APRS packet mode for ham radio operators to interact with the ISS through ARISS.
- November 12: ARISS educator Kathy Lamont is scheduled to give a talk at the online Virginia Association of Science Teachers Conference. Her presentation is titled “How to Talk with an Astronaut 250 Miles Above You.”
- October 26-28: Several of the ARISS team will participate in the 3-day ISS National Lab Education Summit.