- January 13: Students at Sayama Mizutomi Community Center in Sayama, Japan had a scheduled ARISS contact with Luca Parmitano. Details of the activity will be available soon.
- January 10: A team of educators who are members of the ARISS-US Education Committee is finalizing the last few processes related to the late 2019 ARISS-US Proposal Window. The team had ranked the education proposals and then sent a list to the ARISS-US leaders of the top schools and education groups recommended for hosting an ARISS contact. A news release is in draft stage. The organizations selected will be in the queue for scheduled ARISS contacts during the second half of 2020. A new ARISS-US Proposal Window will open soon and details on this will be forthcoming.
- January 13: ARISS leaders are coordinating plans for an ARISS exhibit in Space Center Houston at the 26th annual Space Exploration Educators Conference in February.
- January 6 & 10: An ARRL (American Radio Relay League) web story and an item in their online publication, The ARRL Letter, covered the transfer of the new ARISS Interoperable Radio System (IORS) flight unit to Johnson Space Center. ARRL has 160,000 members. The ARISS team aims for the IORS to launch in March to Columbus to support ARISS contacts.
ARISS Upcoming Events
- The team is waiting to learn when the next ARISS contact will be scheduled.