- July 15-19: The Interoperable Radio System (IORS), ARISS’s next generation radio system, is undergoing a battery of stress tests to certify it for operation on the International Space Station. Hardware team members Lou McFadin and Kerry Banke are at the NASA Johnson Space Center supporting the tests in concert with the NASA test and certification team. The week of July 8 the JVC Kenwood D-710GA radio and the AMSAT-developed Multi-Voltage Power Supply successfully completed a series of Electro-magnetic Interference (EMI)/Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) tests to ensure the ARISS hardware will not interfere with the ISS systems or other payloads. This week, the IORS is going through power quality tests to verify the hardware will not introduce harmful signals back into the ISS power system. Acoustic tests will be performed also, to ensure that noise produced by the radio and power supply fans is sufficiently low and will not impact overall noise level on the ISS. Successful completion of these tests is a key milestone in preparing the IORS for launch. ARISS expects the IORS to be ready for launch before the end of the year.
- July: ARISS member Dave Jordan has been coordinating aspects of ARISS’s outreach at the Space Port Area Conference for Educators (S.P.A.C.E.). Two ARISS-US Education Team members will support the event. One will give a presentation she had submitted that was accepted by S.P.A.C.E. Both will staff an ARISS exhibit in conjunction with, and funded in part by, the ISS National Lab and Space Station Explorers program (ARISS is part of this program).
- July 11: The ARISS contact with Alexey Ovchinin and the Youth at the Aerospace School of U.N. Sultanova summer camp was successful; other details have not been received.
- July: The ARISS-US team worked with ARISS-Russia to prepare for an SSTV downlink session for August. This session will honor Owen Garriott, the first astronaut to use amateur radio in space.
- July 16: Youth at the Aerospace School of U.N. Sultanova summer camp are scheduled for ARISS contacts with Alexey Ovchinin.
- July 27: Girl scouts and boy scouts from around the globe will be speaking with Drew Morgan during the 24th World Scout Jamboree at Summit Bechtel Scout Reserve in West Virginia.