- July 23-27 Two teachers from the Salado Intermediate School in Salado, TX who had hosted an ARISS contact in April were inspired enough from it to sign up for a special STEM professional development workshop. The week-long workshop, called Teachers Institute, was held at ARRL Headquarters (American Radio Relay League) in Newington, CT. Teachers learned all about using STEM and amateur radio in their classrooms.
- July 30-31: Amateur radio operators, shortwave listeners, and others around the world tuned into Slow Scan TV signals being downlinked from the Moscow Aviation Institute’s MAI-75 experiment on the ISS. About 1,100 people captured images featuring the institute and the ISS, and posted the images on the ARISS photo gallery at:
- Aug 1: Due to heavy workloads of the ISS crew, the ARISS contact scheduled for the 17th Nippon Scout Jamboree in Suzu City, Ishikawa, Japan with Ricky Arnold was canceled.
ARISS Social Media Report for July 2018
ARISS Facebook Page Report
- ARISS Twitter followers at the end of July totaled 8,026, a gain of 121 (or 1.4%) over the end of June.
- Aug 13: The Matthes-Enderlein-Gymnasium Zwönitz, in Zwönitz, Germany and the Hohenstaufen-Gymnasium Kaiserslautern, in Kaiserslautern, Germany will co-host an ARISS contact for students with Alexander Gerst.