- May 14: Indian Trails Middle School in Winter Springs, FL hosted a STEM Teach-In as part of the preparation for its ARISS contact in September 2018. Members of Lake Monroe Amateur Radio Society taught three morning sessions introducing ham radio to 80 students from the robotics technology classes. Topics covered space communications, terrestrial ham operations and Morse code. Students liked using a code to transmit their names (with the aid of a Morse conversion chart) to other students who tried to see if they could decipher the code. Students talked using ham radio to interview a retired NASA employee.
- May 10: Allen Park Elementary School students in Ft. Myers, FL are looking forward to their ARISS radio contact this fall. Some student preparations were highlighted in an article by the News-Press at:
- May 15: An ARISS radio contact for students at the University of the Philippines Integrated School in Quezon City, Philippines was held with Scott Tingle. A total of 12 questions were answered with 60 people in attendance. News media representatives covered the event. This was the first time an ARISS contact was completed in the Philippines.
- May 18-20: The ARISS team set up and staffed a booth at Hamvention near Dayton, OH. Hamvention is the largest amateur radio convention in the world, with nearly 30,000 attendees. The team set up hands-on exhibits of current hardware and future hardware being developed for launch. Talks were presented by the team at five forums.
- May 22: Once reports are received, a summary will be in next week’s input to the PSC Weekly regarding an ARISS contact at the Viktor Rydberg Gymnasium, in Stockholm, Sweden with Scott Tingle.
- May 10: An ARISS news release was composed and distributed about ARISS HamTV video signals not being received by ARISS ground stations, though the unit’s indicators show it is functioning. The release was prepared because the ARISS team was receiving questions about the issue. Team members have been discussing troubleshooting options.
- May 23: The Janusz Kusociński Primary School No. 71 in Poznań, Poland will host an ARISS radio contact with Ricky Arnold.
- May 31: Students at the Sterrenschool De Globetrotter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands are readying for an ARISS radio contact with Ricky Arnold.