- Mar 7: Parkside Middle School in San Bruno, CA, used ARISS to complement its math, astronomy and physics curriculum in preparation for its ARISS contact with Scott Tingle. Teachers incorporated ARISS into micro-gravity, coding, robotics, lunar rovers, rockets, and sound and radio waves. Some youths are active in a school ham radio club. During their ARISS contact, students asked 11 questions before an audience of 800. The school posted video on their Facebook page and newspapers covering the event were the San Francisco Chronicle, San Mateo Daily Journal (see the URLs) and local papers.
- Hudson Memorial School students in Hudson, NH have enjoyed several hands-on activities in preparation for their upcoming ARISS contact. One exciting project was done with the local ham club, the Nashua Area Radio Society. Students learned about space communications, atmospheric science, and orbital mechanics while helping to launch a High Altitude Balloon carrying amateur radio. They used APRS to track the balloon, collected various types of data, and analyzed it after the flight. A very interesting summary of their work is at: https://www.n1fd.org/2017/11/03/high-altitude-balloon-data/
- Mar 6: The Melbourne Herald Sun out of Melbourne, Australia ran an article covering the upcoming ARISS contact for Templestowe Valley Primary School in Templestowe, Victoria, Australia. The article is at: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/east/templestowe-valley-primary-school-students-will-talk-to-astronauts-on-the-international-space-station/news-story/e08e13bae2e2ee08bd50af17a819e2bd
- Mar 9: The ARISS Team took part in a second teleconference meeting on participation in a SCaN Challenge. A good exchange of information and ideas took place. The ARISS Team is looking forward to the next step and is very pleased to be part of this new SCaN Challenge.
- Mar 15: The town of Sando, located on the east coast of Sweden, will host an ARISS contact with Scott Tingle for three schools-- Räddningsgymnasiet Sandö, Minerva School Ånge, and the NTI Gymnasium Sundsvall.