Upcoming ARISS Contacts
as of March 19, 2015
- Telebridge contacts with students at CEPES, Jodoigne,
Belgium, and with students at Mimar Sinan Özel Okullar ı, İstanbul,Turkey, via K6DUE are scheduled for Wed 2015-04-01 09:20:45 UTC 49 deg. Students will interview astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti, IZØUDF.
Cepes is situated in Jodoigne, a city in the French speaking region of Belgium. It is a secundary school with 810 students. The students participating in the ARISS project specialize in Sciences, Mathematics, Languages and Human Sciences. They are 15 -20 years old.
During this school year, the curriculum is oriented to the ARISS contact :
- Movements of the Earth and planets
- Acquisition of scientific vocabulary
- Studies of volumes and surfaces
- Graphic studies
- Use of instruments and techniques in model building
- Study of the concept of scale and scaling in model building
- Electricity: electrical systems
- Read a map, compass rose, latitude, longitude
- The effect of weightlessness on the human body
- Translation of ARISS contact questions from French into English
Mimar Sinan Collage
Mimar Sinan College is situated in Istanbul, Turkey. The students prepared the questions after they learned about the ISS during science lessons.They also watched videos of astronauts working in the ISS.